SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#113661 - 01/18/07 04:15 AM New Yamaha MM-6 is "Re-Birth of DJX".. It's about freakin time!!
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Folks the manual is up for the Yamaha MM6. It is without a doubt an arranger keyboard. The manual is even clearly done by the arranger department.

Folks the original DJX lives (but this time with more bite). The MM-6 is a new modern DJX that carries Motif sounds and more controllers as well as storage options.

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#113662 - 01/18/07 05:27 AM Re: New Yamaha MM-6 is "Re-Birth of DJX".. It's about freakin time!!
Dnj Offline

Squeak are you buying one?

#113663 - 01/18/07 05:42 AM Re: New Yamaha MM-6 is "Re-Birth of DJX".. It's about freakin time!!
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I'd have to find one to test drive first. The lack storage for user voices and 32 note poly are issues with me.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#113664 - 01/18/07 05:50 AM Re: New Yamaha MM-6 is "Re-Birth of DJX".. It's about freakin time!!
Dnj Offline

After FRan & i had breakfast we demoed the Korg PAx1pro at a freiends house .....I had mixed reviews....more toward the negative side for my needs.....but there were some interesting and positive features and sounds also...

Then I played a 32 poly Yammy unit yesterday at a local GC & the drop out were pitifull!!!
Thats all they have there Argggg!

but thank goodness the #1 Philly Cheese Steaks we had where Fran took me were
EXCELLENT!!!

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 01-18-2007).]

#113665 - 01/18/07 06:50 AM Re: New Yamaha MM-6 is "Re-Birth of DJX".. It's about freakin time!!
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
but thank goodness the #1 Philly Cheese Steaks we had where Fran took me were
EXCELLENT!!!
[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 01-18-2007).]

... and that was WHERE ?!? ...
I'm going to Phila on the 29th/30th and cheese steaks are DEFINITELY on the schedule ...

t.

#113666 - 01/18/07 06:53 AM Re: New Yamaha MM-6 is "Re-Birth of DJX".. It's about freakin time!!
Dnj Offline

#113667 - 01/18/07 06:58 AM Re: New Yamaha MM-6 is "Re-Birth of DJX".. It's about freakin time!!
Dnj Offline

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STEVE'S PRINCE OF STEAKS
7200 Bustleton Ave. (215) 338-0985
There should only be one place on this page - Steve's in NE. Jim's, Geno's, and Pat's are all commercialized tourist attractions. Dellasandro's is completely overrated, and so is Mama's. Steve's!!! Steve's!!! Steve's!!! They are the true taste of Philly and are for those that know how to appreciate a steak! Quality time goes into the steak. It's not a quick assembly line steak like Jim's, Pat's and Geno's. Way to go to the Prince of Steaks!!!
Submitted by Beeseld@aol.com December 15, 2002
Yes Jims, Pats and Geno's are great steaks not to be missed but Steve's Prince of Steaks in the NE is still the best. Steve's also has killer cheese fries.
Submitted by Tim Joyce (shop-roc@itw.com), August 3, 1997

7200 Bustleton AV (1 block south of Cottman AV) NE Philly
You know nothing about a cheesesteak until you've visited the PRINCE. Steve's Prince Of Steaks that would be. Jim's (well known in the Philly area) opened right up the street from Steve's and is getting destroyed. Once you try a Steve's steak a Jim's tastes like a Steak-Umm!!!!!!!!
Submitted by (Confused71@aol.com) Sept. 23, 1996

Oh, my God... A great steak in my own neighborhood the Great NE Philly, Steve's! Only problem, there's a Jim's Steaks moving in 1 block north at the Roosevelt Mall. Oh the choices. Primary point of note: Open late on the WKNDS.
Submitted by Mike Cunningham (hamradio@geocities.com), who I've dubbed the Cheesteak Guru! Sept. 21, 1996

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Northeast Philly
without a doubt, Steve's Prince of Steaks in the Northeast is the best. The roll is incredible and the meat is even better. Nobody makes them like Steve's. p.s. - Jim's down the street is getting clobbered because they can't compete with Steve's.
Submitted by (Dendue@aol.com ) August 25, 1998

it's a close call between the venerable geno's and steve's prince of steaks on bustleton ave..but i gotta give it to steve's.you gotta check out his wiz wit' roasted peppers.i went in there wit' a buzz one night and ate three of 'em.i've had hundreds of cheesesteaks and that was the best ever.if you're in n.e. philly,you gotta check out steve's.he's on the corner of bustleton and princeton.
Submitted by W.Johnson (wjohnson@texas.net) March 31,1999

TO ALL STEAK SANDWICH EATERS:
STEVE PRINCE OF STEAKS IS THE ONLY SPOT TO EAT IN THE
STATE!! THE OWNER GOES TO THE BAKERY AND HAND PICKS THE ROLLS ! OPEN TILL 3AM
MY RECOMMENDATION IS TO EAT IN AMERICAN WITH ,AMERICAN FRY AND GET READY TO
NEVER SETTLE FOR OTHER PEOPLES STEAKS EVER AGAIN!!!!!! PS THE WORST
STEAK ON THE PLANET IS STOXYS PSS GEAROS ,GIOVANNIS ARE HORRIBLE
ALSO PSS JIMS WILL BE CLOSED IN COTTMAN WITHIN 6 MOS. JUST LIKE
TONYLUKES IN THE NE BECAUSE STEVES ARE THE BEST!!!!!!!
Submitted by W.Johnson (CHALIEROB@aol.com) July 13,1999

#113668 - 01/18/07 07:37 AM Re: New Yamaha MM-6 is "Re-Birth of DJX".. It's about freakin time!!
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Do they deliver?

I want a Mini-Mo with mine.

The MM6 is going to be one COOL keyboard even with its minor shortcomings.

Ian

------------------
Remember to leave good news alone.

#113669 - 01/18/07 08:21 AM Re: New Yamaha MM-6 is "Re-Birth of DJX".. It's about freakin time!!
Dnj Offline

Ian if your in the area give us a shout...

I'll take ya there "American Cheese With" for me

#113670 - 01/18/07 09:26 AM Re: New Yamaha MM-6 is "Re-Birth of DJX".. It's about freakin time!!
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Ian if your in the area give us a shout...
I'll take ya there "American Cheese With" for me

It's ALL about the WHIZ!!! ... ...
t.

#113671 - 01/18/07 03:21 PM Re: New Yamaha MM-6 is "Re-Birth of DJX".. It's about freakin time!!
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
It seems like, with the dearth of decent hiphop and rap styles and sounds on current arrangers, the MM sounds like a decent $600 add-on to a real arranger, as we are not going to see this technology on a full arranger for probably a long time (not too much call for DMX at the nursing home!)

One can only hope that Yamaha make a table-top version soon (like they did with the DJX series) and I won't have to lug around two keyboards.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online